Let That Summer Skin Shine Through
Your skin is the largest organ in the body. Taking care of this through the hot, summer days is important. Your skin goes through many changes during this season with the visits to the beach, working outside in your garden or just travelling from air conditioning to the heat. One of the benefits to exfoliating skin is the fact that when the layer of dead cells is removed, lotions and other products will be better absorbed into the healthy skin underneath. This does not happen as easily when the surface is blocked by dead or dry skin. Here are some facts you should know:
• Exfoliation removes dirt and buildup from the skin that provides your skin with adequate amount of oxygen.
• The process of skin exfoliation improves blood circulation providing each skin cell with life and vitality.
• It opens the clogged pores on the skin and clears all the dirt and blackheads making your skin look clean and clear.
• Exfoliating skin helps you get an even skin tone and also reduces easy discoloration of the skin.
• It improves the overall texture of the skin making it look more vibrant and healthy.
• People with oily skin require more frequent exfoliation compared to people with dry skin.
• The ideal frequency for exfoliating is once or twice a week for a mild exfoliation. And for intense exfoliation, it should be once or twice a month.
• Daily exfoliation and scrubbing is not good for skin as it can cause further damage to the skin.
• Immediately after exfoliating, your skin will glow and feel smooth and soft.
The Spa at Fearrington offers several different body exfoliations that will meet your skin care needs. The first is Elemis Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow. This has a unique blend of sea salt, lime peel, ginger, jojoba and camellia oils. The second is Elemis Frangipani Salt Glow which is infused with exotic Tahitian monoi oil and frangipani flowers. The third is our Seasonal Body Exfoliation which currently is the Sea Lavender and & Samphire, the perfect combination during this hot summer. All three treatments begin with a light body brushing then the salt product is applied to the skin for the exfoliation. After a shower, you will receive a massage with a moisturizing lotion to further enhance your treatment. All of our exfoliations are either 60 or 90 min. in length. Call The Spa at Fearrington (919.542.2121) to book your body exfoliation and take care of your skin.