Whirlikids Book Festival is Coming March 7th, 2020
Where can you find dragons, dogs, gators, unicorns and bunnies? At Whirlikids Bookfest! A literary festival just for children, this day of All Things Books brings in authors and illustrators from all over. There are story times, book signings, panel discussions (for the older kids – they’ve always got great questions about the ‘hows’ of creating a book) and, of course, stacks and stacks of BOOKS! Join us for this fabulous celebration of children’s books.
To see the full schedule and participating authors, head over to the event information page on our calendar.
And that’s not all! Visit with Daniel Tiger and Pete the Cat!
For aspiring writers, sign up for a Friday workshop: The Nuts and Bolts of Writing Picture Books with author Linda Ashman.
Whirlikids Bookfest is a free event focused on kids at all reading levels, ages 3 and up — we’ll be sharing stories and characters with kids and kid literature lovers of all ages.
We hope to see you here!
~Sarah Carr, McIntyre’s bookseller and Whirlikids event coordinator
Look who’s coming to the party so far:
- John Patrick Green, The InvestiGators
- Ethan Long, Hello World!
- Andrew Maraniss, Games of Deception
- Gillian McDunn, The Queen Bee and Me
- Frances O’Roark Dowell, The Class
- E.B. Goodale, Under the Lilacs
- Tom Watson, Trouble at Table 5 #1: The Candy Caper
- Zetta Elliott, The Dragon Thief
- Jason Tharp, It’s Okay To Be a Unicorn!
- Justin Dean, Awesome Dog 5000 vs. Mayor Bossypants (Book 2)
- Anne Blankman, The Blackbird Girls
- Greg Howard, Middle School’s a Drag, You Better Werk!
- Stacy McAnulty , Moon! Earth’s Best Friend
- Tameka Fryer Brown, Brown Baby Lullaby
- Beth Ferry, The Bold, Brave Bunny
- J. Kasper Kramer, The Story That Cannot Be Told
- Linda Ashman, Take Your Pet To School Day
- Matt Phelan, Knights vs. the End (of Everything)
- Mariama Lockington, For Black Girls Like Me
- Shana Keller, Bread for Words: A Frederick Douglass Story