Looking to relax and be entertained during your stay at the Fearrington House Inn? You’ve probably heard of the incredible sports rivalries here, but what else?
- The Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) (30 minutes). Completed in 2008, The Durham Performing Arts Center is the largest performing arts venue in the Carolinas and brings Broadway and world-class entertainment to our doorstep.
What are some of the more interesting shopping experiences nearby?
- The Shops At Fearrington. Fearrington offers unique shops, restaurants, a beer garden and an independent bookstore, all in a relaxed, tranquil setting surrounded by gardens and pastures.
- Southern Season (15 minutes). A Southern Season opened shop in 1975 as a tiny coffee roaster in Chapel Hill, NC. Today, Southern Season is arguably the largest gourmet food and housewares store in the nation.
- The Streets At Southpoint (20 minutes). This regional shopping center is home to over 140 unique shops and restaurants, including Apple, Restoration Hardware, J.Crew, The Cheesecake Factory, Crate & Barrel and Nordstrom.
- North Carolina Pottery Center (60 minutes). The North Carolina Pottery Center showcases the remarkable history and on-going tradition of pottery-making in our state. With a permanent exhibit of more than eight hundred pieces and rotating exhibits throughout the year, this is a pottery-lover’s dream.