From museums to performing art venues to lifelong learning opportunities, the Triangle is enriched with countless ways to feed the mind. There are dozens of arts institutions near The Fearrington House Inn, with many expanding just within the past five years. Nearby museums include:
- Ackland Art Museum (15 minutes). UNC’s fine arts museum straddles the campus and downtown; it has a broad range of art ranging from ancient Egyptian to the present.
Artwork bathed in natural light at the NC Museum of Art in Raleigh
- North Carolina Museum of Art (45 minutes). Don’t miss the stunning NC Museum of Art! In 2010, this important Southern art institution reopened in a new home – a modernist marvel that has gotten rave reviews.
- The Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University (30 minutes). This striking museum opened in 2005, strategically placed between Duke University’s East and West campuses, and designed by architect Rafael Viñoly.
Performing arts venues include:
- PlayMakers Repertory Company (15 minutes). One of the best regional theaters in the country, PlayMakers is the professional theater in residence at UNC.
Duke University’s Nasher Museum opened in 2005
- Carolina Performing Arts (15 minutes). Enjoy the very best in music, dance, and theater. Housed at UNC’s Memorial Hall, the series brings seasons filled with world-class artists, new commissions and world and U.S. premieres.
- American Dance Festival (30 minutes). Few institutions are as synonymous with modern dance as the ADF, a six and a half week series of performances and residencies by major established companies as well as emerging artists from around the world.