Whenever it comes to beauty regimen, many people think of taking care of their face only. And that is why it’s only the face that looks revitalized but not the entire body. So many companies bombard you today with the latest technology, chemical peels, and jars of youth to make your skin look younger longer. But the real key to keeping that fresh look could be as simple as exfoliating on a regular basis.
One of the benefits to exfoliating skin is the fact that when the layer of dead cells is removed, lotions and other products will be better absorbed into the healthy skin underneath. This does not happen as easily when the surface is blocked by dead or dry skin. Here are some facts you should know:
- Exfoliation removes dirt and buildup from the skin that provides your skin with adequate amount of oxygen.
- The process of skin exfoliation improves blood circulation providing each skin cell with life and vitality.
- It opens the clogged pores on the skin and clears all the dirt and blackheads making your skin look clean and clear.
- Exfoliating skin helps you get an even skin tone and also reduces easy discoloration of the skin.
- It improves the overall texture of the skin making it look more vibrant and healthy.
- People with oily skin require more frequent exfoliation compared to people with dry skin.
- The ideal frequency for exfoliating is once or twice a week for a mild exfoliation. And for intense exfoliation, it should be once or twice a month.
Daily exfoliation and scrubbing is not good for skin as it can cause further damage to the skin. Immediately after exfoliating, your skin will glow and feel smooth and soft. The Spa at Fearrington offers an Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow that will meet your skin care needs. This has a unique blend of sea salt, lime peel, ginger, kukui, jojoba and camellia oils. The treatment begins with a light body brushing then warm oil is dripped luxuriously over the body. The Elemis Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt product is applied to the skin. After a shower, you will receive a massage with the moisturizing oils to further enhance your treatment. This product is also available in Haven, our retail store. Call today (919.542.2121) to book your body exfoliation and take care of your skin.