A few years ago, a couple exploring Fearrington Village near Chapel Hill, NC, shared with us a list of requirements that a community had to meet before they would consider moving there. Turns out we met every one, and they soon became Fearrington residents! Here’s a summary of what we said:
Click to View Our Community Map
- Established community. Nearly 2,000 residents from over 40 states (and several countries) call Fearrington home, eager to greet new neighbors. Amenities from the shops and restaurants in the Village Center to our wellness facilities are ready to welcome you.
- Diverse neighborhoods. Fearrington offers a wide range of choices, from efficient townhomes to sidewalk neighborhoods to homes on private, wooded homesites to the adjacent continuing care facility, Galloway Ridge. It’s easy to stay at Fearrington and maintain friendships and life’s routines as your needs change.
- Wellness. With miles of walking paths, facilities like an Olympic-sized outdoor pool and the Duke Center for Living, clubs ranging from golfing to biking, and fresh local produce at the Fearrington Farmers’ Market, a healthy lifestyle is easy at Fearrington. And enjoy a relaxing and restorative treatment at the Spa at Fearrington!
- Safety. We’re in Chatham County, which has one of the lowest crime rates in North Carolina (we’re also right across the street from a fire station).
- Mild climate. We enjoy four distinct seasons without extremes. With average highs varying between 50 degrees in January to 89 degrees in August, outdoor activities such as golf, walking and running are possible year-round here.
- Proximity to a major airport. Half an hour away lies Raleigh-Durham International Airport, where ten major airlines offer service to nearly 40 domestic and international destinations. Terminal Two, RDU’s largest ever expansion project, just finished.
Fearrington’s farm heritage runs deep
- Natural beauty. We’re located on the beautiful, rolling hills of a former dairy farm; pastures contain our Belted Galloway cows greeting all who enter our community. North Carolina’s world-famous beaches and mountains are both less than a three hour drive away.
- Cultural and educational opportunities. With three world-class universities, the Triangle is obsessed with lifelong education. Our celebrated independent bookstore, McIntyre’s Books, hosts well over one hundred author events annually.
Fearrington’s own Duke Health Clinic
- Access to excellent health care. The hospitals at nearby Duke and UNC are ranked as among the best in the country. Enjoy top health care right here at Fearrington with the just completed Duke Health Clinic. For short-term health concerns, the innovative not-for-profit Fearrington Cares lends a hand.
- Design expertise. Fearrington reflects the constant feedback we receive directly from customers. Our on-site design team creates custom homes with attractive, low maintenance exteriors and stylish interiors full of natural light.
Quality Construction and Big Views of Nature
- Construction experience. Because we’re both Fearrington’s builder and developer, everyone involved in the creation of your home – from architect to construction crew to service warranty coordinator – is focused on ensuring your satisfaction. With our convenient Design Center, all your choices can be made on site.
- Modest cost of home ownership. Homes here enjoy relatively low property taxes, homeowner dues, insurance and utility rates.
- Confidence in us. Fitch Creations, Inc. has been creating Fearrington at a steady pace for over 30 years. We are not involved in other communities, and we’re based here too.