Looking to relax and be entertained? You’ve probably heard of the incredible sports rivalries here, but what else?
- College & University Athletics. Few areas are as crazy about college sports as the Triangle. With three major universities – UNC, Duke University and NC State – there is always a game going on. From basketball to baseball, and football to lacrosse, there’s never a dull moment in the Triangle. Historic rivalries abound in this part of the state, making the local sports scene all the more exciting!
- The Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) (30 minutes). Completed in 2008, The Durham Performing Arts Center is the largest performing arts venue in the Carolinas and brings Broadway and world-class entertainment to our doorstep.
What are some of the more interesting shopping experiences nearby?
- The Shops At Fearrington. Fearrington offers unique shops, restaurants, a beer garden and an independent bookstore, all in a relaxed, tranquil setting surrounded by gardens and pastures. Walking paths make the Village Center a delight to access for Fearrington residents. What could be better?
- A Southern Season (15 minutes). A Southern Season opened shop in 1975 as a tiny coffee roaster in Chapel Hill, NC. Today, A Southern Season is arguably the largest gourmet food and housewares store in the nation.
- The Streets At Southpoint (20 minutes). This new regional shopping center is home to over 140 unique shops and restaurants, including Apple, Restoration Hardware, J.Crew, The Cheesecake Factory, Crate & Barrel, and North Carolina’s first Nordstrom.