Fearrington’s Farmers Market
Opportunities for fresh air and outdoor exercise abound in the Triangle. Discover fresh local produce at our Farmers’ Markets, tour breath-taking gardens, spend a relaxing day at a nearby lake or park, or play a round of golf at one of the many exceptional links nearby.
Our top picks include:
- Fearrington Farmers Market. Whether you need fresh flowers, organic fruits and vegetables or a home made meal, you’ll find it at the Fearrington Farmers Market. Join vendors from many local farms in the Village Center for the best of the season. April-Thanksgiving.
Carolina Tiger Rescue
- Carolina Tiger Rescue (10 minutes). Located in Pittsboro, Carolina Tiger Rescue (formerly the Carnivore Preservation Trust) is a 55-acre educational facility and sanctuary for large cats and other species.
- The American Tobacco Trail (20 minutes). A 22+ mile rails-to-trails project combining urban, suburban, and rural landscapes throughout Durham, Chatham, and Wake counties. Founded in 1989 by the Triangle Rails to Trails Conservancy.
- Jordan Lake (15 minutes). With almost 14,000 acres of water, recreation possibilities at Jordan Lake are endless. Fishing, hiking, boating, water-skiing, swimming, volleyball and more are available at this popular destination.
- The North Carolina Zoo (80 minutes). Nationally recognized as one of the nation’s finest zoos, The North Carolina Zoo was the first American zoo designed with the philosophy of presenting animals and plants in exhibits that closely resemble their native habitats.
If you’re a gardener, you’ll find several regionally important public gardens and arboretums that are an absolute delight to visit year round. And some of the nation’s best retail plant nurseries are right here, including Plant Delights, Niche Gardens and Camelia Forest – ensuring you’ll have plenty of options when you personalize your homesite at Fearrington!
- Fearrington Gardens. These extensive gardens were selected as the best gardens in 2012 among all Relais & Chateaux gardens wordwide! A full-time staff of 7 keep the grounds and gardens looking vibrant year-round.
- Coker Arboretum (15 minutes). At the center of UNC, one of America’s most beautiful university campuses, lies this five acre, century-old jewel.
UNC’s Coker Arboretum
- Sarah P. Duke Gardens (30 minutes). The Sarah P. Duke Gardens, one of the premier public gardens in the U.S., occupies 55 acres in the heart of the University’s West Campus.
- J.C. Raulston Arboretum at N.C. State University (40 minutes). Features the most diverse collection of cold hardy temperate zone plants in the southeastern United States in a 10 acre, internationally recognized garden.
Finally, Fearrington is convenient to some of North Carolina’s finest championship golf courses locally and in the Piedmont, including Pinehurst. Golf courses of note include:
- Finley Golf Course (15 minutes). The University of North Carolina’s Finley Golf Course is open year-round.
- The Preserve at Jordan Lake (15 minutes). This course features streams, hardwood forests, rock outcroppings and elevation changes that make you feel like you’re in the western part of the state. Open year-round.
- The Governor’s Club (private) (10 minutes). The club is located within a private residential community, and offers 27 Championship holes designed by Jack Nicklaus. Elevation changes create dramatic shot values and panoramic views that make this course an unforgettable experience.
- Pinehurst (75 minutes). Ready for golf at America’s most famous golf course? Consistently ranked among the best in the world for golf, this easy day trip offers a wonderful spa, hotel and shopping too.