Join Fearrington Village’s casual dining restaurant, The Fearrington Granary, located near Chapel Hill, NC.
A server is responsible for the daily preparation of the restaurant, food service and upholding a high standard for customer service. Responsibilities include:
- Cleans and stocks regularly used items
- Maintains working knowledge of menu items and specials
- Operates cash register/customer payment, follows all front end and cash accountability procedures
- Trains other staff as needed
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy
- Stocks merchandise and faces product according to department procedure
- Maintains back-stock areas according to department standards
- Catalogs and codes invoices according to procedure
- Assists in other departments as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department manual
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task, and maintain focus
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Previous customer service experience
- Experience or interest in natural foods and cooperatives
- Previous barista and/or cooking experience
- Required frequently: standing, bending, reaching, scooping
- Required occasionally: walking, kneeling, squatting, lifting up to 50 lbs
Interested in a Position?
Great! Please follow the steps below:
- Please print and fill out our employment application.
- Once completed, scan and email the application as an attachment or fax to 919.542.4020.
- Have a resume? Feel free to include it in your email. Please make sure to include the restaurant name and position for which you are applying.
Having trouble with the online application? Email us with questions.
About The Fearrington Granary
A full-service restaurant, the Fearrington Granary is the perfect spot to enjoy fresh creative cuisine in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. Executive Chef Colin Bedford’s Contemporary American menus feature a delightful selection of salads, entrees, items from the grill and desserts. This vibrant restaurant provides seating on various levels with views of the charming village shops, surrounding gardens, and the rolling pastures filled with Belted Galloway Cows.
Read more >