Join Fearrington Village’s casual dining restaurant, The Fearrington Granary, located near Chapel Hill, NC.
A line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items and will report to the Chef, Sous Chef or Executive Chef. Responsibilities include:
- Setting up station according to restaurant guidelines
- Preparing all food items in a sanitary and timely manner
- Following recipes, portion control and presentation as set by the Restaurant
- Restocking of all items as needed during the shift
- Cleaning and maintaining the station practicing good safety, sanitation and organizing skills
- Properly using all equipment in station
- Assisting with the cleaning and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas
- Performing additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Executive Chef as needed
In the Granary’s kitchen
- Basic understanding of professional cooking, knife handling, kitchen safety and sanitation practices and food handling
- Previous prep or line cook experience
- English language communications skills
- Ability to take direction, work in a team environment and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Committed to quality service
- Ability to stand during entire shift, occasional exposure to hot and cold, lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
Interested in a Position?
Great! Please follow the steps below:
- Please print and fill out our employment application.
- Once completed, scan and email the application as an attachment or fax to 919.542.4020.
- Have a resume? Feel free to include it in your email.
Having trouble with the online application? Email us with questions.
About The Fearrington Granary
A full-service restaurant, the Fearrington Granary is the perfect spot to enjoy fresh creative cuisine in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. Executive Chef Colin Bedford’s Contemporary American menus feature a delightful selection of salads, entrees, items from the grill and desserts. This vibrant restaurant provides seating on various levels with views of the charming village shops, surrounding gardens, and the rolling pastures filled with Belted Galloway Cows.
Read more >