Join Fearrington Village’s beloved deli, The Goat, located near Chapel Hill, NC.
A barista and/or deli staff member is responsible for the daily preparation of food items and upholding a high standard for customer service. Responsibilities include:
- Cleans and stocks deli cases according to procedure, utilizing proper signage
- Maintains working knowledge of Deli recipes and prepared foods
- Operates cash register as needed, follows all front end and cash accountability procedures
- Trains other staff as needed
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy
- Stocks, rotates, merchandises and faces product according to department procedure
- Maintains back-stock areas according to department standards
- Catalogs and codes invoices according to procedure
- Assists in other departments as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department manual
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task, and maintain focus
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Previous customer service experience
- Experience or interest in natural foods and cooperatives
- Previous barista and/or cooking experience
- Required frequently: standing, bending, reaching, scooping
- Required occasionally: walking, kneeling, squatting, lifting up to 50 lbs
Interested in a Position?
Great! Please follow the steps below:
- Please print and fill out our employment application.
- Once completed, scan and email the application as an attachment or fax to 919.542.4020.
- Have a resume? Feel free to include it in your email.
Having trouble with the online application? Email us with questions.
About The Goat
A deli located in the Village Center serving freshly prepared chopped salads, soups, sandwiches and decadent confectioneries made next door in the kitchen of The Fearrington House Restaurant. Also serving freshly brewed coffee – our own Fearrington House mix, roasted on site and available in regular, decalf and expresso.
Read more >